Followers

Search This Blog

Monday, November 21, 2011

Counting Blessings!

Counting Blessings
By Michael Galloway
I saw a poem of late with an unknown author on a blog by Dale Jenkins that I thought was very thought provoking. The poem read:
Today upon a bus, I saw a lovely girl with golden hair; I envied her — she seemed so happy, and how, I wished I were so fair; When suddenly she rose to leave, I saw her hobble down the aisle; she had one foot and wore a crutch, but as she passed, a smile. Oh God, forgive me when I whine, I have two feet — the world is mine. And when I stopped to buy some sweets, the lad who served me had such charm; he seemed to radiate good cheer, his manner was so kind and warm; I said, “It’s nice to deal with you, such courtesy I seldom find”; he turned and said, “Oh, thank you sir.” And then I
saw that he was blind. Oh, God, forgive me when I whine, I have two eyes, the world is mine.
Then, when walking down the street, I saw a child with eyes of blue; he stood and watched the others play, it seemed he knew not what to do; I stopped a moment, then I said, “Why don’t you join
the others, dear?” He looked ahead without a word, and then I knew he could not hear. Oh God, forgive me when I whine, I have two ears, the world is mine. With feet to take me where I’d go; with eyes to see the sunsets glow, with ears to hear what I would know. I am blessed indeed. The world is mine; oh, God, forgive me when I whine.”
Many times if you are like me you take things for granted and forget the everyday blessings that we have in life. We forget that:
·         We are blessed to have Jesus.
·         We are blessed to have a church in Elizabethtown that meets and uses the Bible as its basis.
·         We are blessed to have the country that we live in and the freedoms that go along with living in the United States.
·         We are blessed to have our friends and families.
·         We are blessed to have life, and the health to do the things in life that we do.
·         We are blessed that even the poorest of the poor in our country have more than most.
We live in a country where we are blessed physically with wealth, with doctors who keep us healthy and treat us when we are ill, we live in a world where we are blessed spiritually because we have a God that has ensured we have the choice to live for him. What a wonderful life we have. When was the last time you thanked God for your life?
 “Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you” 1 Thessalonians 5:18

No comments:

Post a Comment