Followers

Search This Blog

Monday, May 7, 2012

In Honor of Mother's Day


In honor of Mother’s Day this coming Sunday, here are some quotes I thought you might enjoy:

“Most of all the other beautiful things in life come by twos and threes by dozens and hundreds. Plenty of roses, stars, sunsets, rainbows, brothers, and sisters, aunts and cousins, but only one mother in the whole world.” -Kate Douglas Wiggin

"Woman knows what man has long forgotten, that the ultimate economic and spiritual unit of any civilization is still the family”. -Clare Boothe Luce

“For the hand that rocks the cradle Is the hand that rules the world.”-William Ross Wallace

“I regard no man as poor who has a Godly mother” – Abraham Lincoln

 “Who ran to help me when I fell, And would some pretty story tell, or kiss the place to mike well? My mother”Ann Taylor

“All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother” – Abraham Lincoln

“My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her.” – George Washington

25 Strength and honor are her clothing; She shall rejoice in time to come. 26 She opens her mouth with wisdom, And on her tongue is the law of kindness. 27 She watches over the ways of her household, And does not eat the bread of idleness. 28 Her children rise up and call her blessed; Her husband also, and he praises her: 29 “Many daughters have done well, But you excel them all.” 30 Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing, But a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised. 31 Give her of the fruit of her hands, And let her own works praise her in the gates (Proverbs 31:25-31).

No comments:

Post a Comment