Followers

Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Blog Review: Calico Joe by John Grisham

John Grisham can write in a way in which he can make me open a book and keep me from putting the book down! He didn't disappoint in his latest book Calico Joe! I opened the book one afternoon and was finished several hours later! Grisham takes the story of Ray Chapman (one of only two men to die as the result of an injury achieved during a MLB game) and Carl Mays, two men who were born in the state of Kentucky and fictionalizes it from the perspective of a young boy whose father killed another player with a beanball! This is a must read for all baseball fans, and Grisham fans! It is a great story that gives a great start to baseball in 2012.

Calico Joe by John Grisham
Published by Doubleday
Publication Date: April 10, 2012
ISBN-10: 0385536070
ISBN-13: 978-0385536073
At the request of Doubleday, an ARC TPB was sent, at no cost to me, for my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment